The mission of the Murphyn Henar Foundation, is to give the young adults on Bonaire the opportunity to learn to dive. By training these young people, who do not have the funds to do so themselves, we want to create a future for them in the diving industry. By giving them the opportunity to become a dive professional, they will be able to make a living for themselves. It is our goal to give the local youth who are interested in becoming a dive professional, the chance to do so.
The vision of the Murphyn Henar Foundation is:
- To create a bright future for the underprivileged youngsters on Bonaire
- To create career opportunities in the dive industry for local youth
- To let at least two candidates per year graduate as Divemaster
- To select two candidates quarterly to start the training process
Our Core Values
- Be committed and determined
- Be accountable
- Be transparent
- Be positive and motivational
- Pursue growth and learning
Local young adults with no opportunity to fund a diving career by themselves
How do we select?
Selection of potential candidates is done through local help organizations working within the community with the youth of Bonaire, such as “Jong Bonaire”, “Forma” or “Junior Rangers”. Together with them we will select suitable candidates for this program.